Summer Term 2020 - Week 11 & 12
Summer Term 2020 - Week 10
Summer Term 2020 - Week 9
Summer Term 2020 - Week 8
Summer Term 2020 - Week 7
Summer Term 2020 - Week 6
Summer Term 2020 - Week 5
Summer Term 2020 - Week 4
Summer Term 2020 - Week 3
Summer Term 2020 - Week 2
Summer Term 2020 - Week 1
Spring Term 2020
Write a futuristic setting description
- Use this work-bank and a thesaurus ( you can do this on-line).
- Use images below to help you (if you click on them they get bigger).
Remember to link your sentences using connectives and prepositional phrases.
Write a Science Fiction Story
- Read extracts : The Arrival, Killer alien description, Alien Landing, Starwars . Google: Si-Fi- Literacy Wagoll
- Pobble 365 http://www.pobble365.com/
- The Visitor (April 24th)
- The Invasion (Feb 4th)Think about the necessary features to include:
Think about the necessary features to include:
- Set in the future, in space or another planet.
- Has characters or creatures from another world or time.
- Include imaginary, futuristic technology and terminology.
- A dilemma (not necessarily a resolution.)
- Not chronological-Start in the middle of the action, then work backwards to fill in detail.
- Build suspense with short sentences.
- Use dialogue to create atmosphere and move the story along.
- Show characters’ emotions – fear of the unknown.
Plan and design a story-board for a short animation.
The animation could be set on another planet, or about aliens invading Earth.
Keep your design simple- with 6 shots and backgrounds.
Think about the resources you would need to make characters and scenery and any sound effects, you would use.
- Watch: A Grand Day Out – Wallace and Grommit on YouTube to give you some ideas.
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR MISSION!
Virgin Galactic Writing Activity
The Space Race
Research and write a chronological report and create an illustrated timeline
Design, plan and make a Moon-buggy using recycled materials.
Think about the surface of the moon and lack of gravity. (Friction and Forces)
Try your buggy out on different surfaces.