Our aims in teaching Art are that all children will build upon their natural pleasure in visual communication to:
- Find enjoyment and confidence in creative art and see themselves as artists.
- Find a sense of purpose, achievement and fulfilment in artistic expression within a multicultural society.
- Appreciate and evaluate the work of a range of artists from their own and other cultures.
- Develop skills to use a range of materials and techniques competently.
- Feel able to express their ideas and feelings through imaginative creation in both two and three dimensions.
- Develop an appropriate vocabulary to help them understand and discuss their own work and that of others.