Ellingham VC and Woodton Primary Federation aims to provide a high-quality physical education curriculum which inspires all pupils to participate, succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically demanding activities. We aim to provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident and to develop a good understanding of how to keep themselves healthy and well.
What is Sports Premium?
The PE and Sport Premium is funding that is given by the government each year. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and gives money directly schools. PE and Sports Premium Funding is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sports activities they offer their pupils.
Purpose of the Funding
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer. This means that schools should use the premium to:
- Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- Build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
Schools have been given the freedom to choose how they use their allocation of funding however the DFE have suggested the possible uses:
- Hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- Provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- Introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- Support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs
- Run sport competitions to increase pupils’ participation in competitive games
- Run sports activities with other schools
As part of the Loddon Cluster Schools Sports Partnership, we annually use £800 of the sports premium to pay for an adult to organise competitive sports between schools at an interschool Cluster level, South Norfolk and onto County Level. Their role is to arrange tournaments and fixtures between the primary schools in our cluster.
Below are links to documents explaining how the school has used its PE and sport premium allocation.